Webinar recording feat. Police Zug: “Signing better without paper – Advanced electronic signatures in combination with biometric data of handwritten signatures solve blockage in digitization” – in German language
Cantonal Police Zug is one of the pioneers among the Swiss police organizations in extensive digitization of their processes in which signatures are required.
Michael Rudolf, head of the cantonal situation center of the Zug police, explained how Police Zug integrated various methods of generating electronic signatures into their processes and a system for processing the police.
He was focussing in particular on the need to use advanced electronic signatures in law enforcement, sending also a message to politicians to look into options for advanced electronic signatures which include the handwritten biometric signature.
The presentation is covering:
- Project areas – including Police hearings
- Legal framework for the use of electronic signatures in Switzerland
- Practicability use of qualified electronic signature – employees vs. clients
- Evidence in handwritten signature data and in signed documents
- Capture the signature for forensic analysis for review by forensic handwriting experts
- Integration in workflow and system architecture of Zug Police
- Measurable benefits through the use of electronic signatures