April 20, 2022
Future-Law’s “E-Signature Day” is addressing stakeholders in the legal, human resources and sales departments in enterprises and public administration on how they can use electronic signatures or how to further optimize and expand their applications.
In a series of sessions, lawyers, providers and users will provide information on how to quickly and easily
sign without paper. This involves numerous practical questions in detail.
In 2022, the e-signature tag will focus on the following topics, among others, which Namirial will also address in detail:
Selection criteria for future-proof applications: Requirements by Digital Wallets for Digital Identities
In June 2021, the European Commission unveiled its plans for a far-reaching revision of the Electronic Identities and Trust Services Regulation 910/2014 eIDAS, Plans include a legal framework whereby Member States will be required to provide citizens and businesses with a digital identity wallet from 2024, allowing them to link their national digital identity to evidence of other personal attributes (e.g. driving licence, degree certificates, bank account, etc.). The E-Signature Day will address, among other things, the practical regulatory, technical and change management issues arising from the revision of the EU Regulation.
Requirements for legally effective use worldwide: Easy integration of certificates from trust service providers worldwide
In September 2021, the case of Swiss train builder Stadler Rail made headlines: Competitor Alstom appealed to the Austrian Federal Administrative Court on the grounds of a formal error. The objection was upheld and the award of the contract to Stadler Rail was declared null and void. Stadler had let ÖBB sign the tender based on electronic certificates for the creation of electronic signatures according to Swiss law instead of using an electronic certificate of an EU-accredited provider of qualified trust services (such as Namirial).
Klaus Fellner, Managing Director of Namirial Austria, has been supporting the introduction and optimisation of the use of electronic signatures in companies in Austria and worldwide for more than a decade. His customers include Allianz, Daimler and the Raiffeisen Group.
At the Future-Law E-Signature Day 2022, Klaus Fellner will once again share his expertise in the session “Electronic Signature – Tips from Practice” – on the following topics, among others:
- Best practice examples for the integration of e-signature from Austria.
- Mastering the balancing act between user-friendliness and high evidential value
- Integration of Auto-Ident / Selfie Ident procedures – especially with QES
- Integrating the certificates of different trust service providers into signature processes
- Recognising and successfully replacing isolated solutions for e-signatures
- Cross-border signing with contractual partners outside the European Union
- Electronic signature in interaction with digital identities in Europe
The Namirial team is also available for individual consultation during and after the event.
? Recordings of previous editions of Future Law E-Signature Days (in German language)
- Best possible user experience – including through white label solutions
- Integration of the e-signature in existing process and system landscapes
- Alternatives to cloud solutions – why on premises is better in some cases
- Integration of identification verification procedures and digital identities
- Simplify processes as much as possible without compromising their evidential value
- Specific hints how to avoid isolated solutions or supplement and replace them
- Rapid identification of requirements depending on the use case and signature scenarios
- Answers to challenges posed by Covid-19
- Design of the processes – as simple and as possible and as conclusive as necessary
- Compliance with regulations with the best possible user experience
- Supplier selection criteria if Namirial customers
- The DNA of successful e-signature projects – knowing and avoiding typical stumbling blocks
- Hints for your own ROI calculation – with results from practice
The organizer Future-Law is Austria’s leading independent platform for legal tech and digitization in the legal sector.
This event series is held in German language.
Event hashtags: #ESignaturTag2022 #ESignatureDay2022 #ESignaturTag #FutureLaw #Signaturtag